Here is an update on dates for the diary for forthcoming events in/around the London scene:
1. The London Design Festival continues until Sunday 23 September. Of particular note are exhibitions at the V&A including an installation of Mimicry Chairs by Japanese studio Nendo throughout the museum, “Out Of The Woods: Adventures of 12 Hardwood Chairs” (Room 55, Level 2), an installation of 10 different benches in the courtyard, a digital “Ice Angel” exhibit (Room 57, Level 2) and Kings Cross: Regenerating a London Landmark (Rooms 127 and 128a, Level 4). The latter exhibition runs until 21 October 2012. Full details are on the V&A website.
2. Never mind Mika and Leona Lewis, Five Star (Five Star!) are scheduled to appear at G-A-Y at Heaven on Saturday 22 September.
3. Also on the weekend of 22-23 September 2012 is Open House Weekend. Some noteworthy buildings in around Central London that are open to the public (in addition to the many Government and historical buildings that are well documented in the guide) include Channel 4’s Headquarters (124 Horseferry Road), The Sanderson Hotel (10 Berners Street), and St Martins Lane Hotel (45 St Martins Lane) .
5. Village Drinks is holding An evening at the Paramount Club in Centre Point on Friday 28 September 2012 from 7.30pm in aid of Stonewall’s ‘Education for All’ campaign, targetting homophobic bullying in schools.
6. Horse Meat Disco at The Eagle in Vauxhall has an impressive line-up of guest DJs over the coming months. Danny Rampling appears tonight. Also scheduled are Derrick Carter (Sunday 28 October), Dan Beaumont & Nadia K (Sunday 18 November) and Erol Alkan (Sunday 9 October). If that wasn’t enough HMD are to appear alongside New York DJ Danny Krivit (resident DJ at the month 718 Sessions event in New York) in East London on Saturday 13 October. HMD are also due to appear at The Warehouse Project in Manchester on Saturday 8 December 2012.
7. We Party holds its next big scale production party at The Coronet Theatre on Saturday 6 October 2012. The theme is “Bitch On The Beach”.
8. Preparations are well underway for this year’s Wig Party fundraising event (“The Wig Party goes to Toyland”) at the Cafe De Paris on Sunday 21 October 2012.
9. La Demence is holding its 23rd Birthday season of parties at its home in Brussels over the period 31 October – 4 November 2012.
10. Bookings are now open for this year’s Skate season at Somerset House. Of particular note are the club nights, including Joey Negro on Wednesday 12 December 2012.
11. This year’s Red Run to raise funds for Positive East is on Sunday 25 November 2012 at Victoria Park.