- Gay Pride in London returns to the capital on Saturday 27 & Sunday 28 June 2015
- Early May Day Bank Holiday Weekend in Gay London – Our recommended events, bar & club nights
- Miami Beach celebrates its 2015 gay pride parade with Mario Lopez
- See The Freemasons perform at XXL, at Pulse, Southwark, on Saturday 18 April 2015
- The Director’s Cut of Studio 54 film “54” receives its UK premiere at BFI Flare Film Festival
- Looking back at photographs of New York’s Studio 54
- Facebook bans more male nude photographers: “FuriousFotog” and Dylan Rosser
- Jake Shears & Courtney Act perform at Sydney’s 2015 Mardi Gras Party
- Sydney celebrates Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras 2015
- Easter 2015 in Gay London: Easter Sunday 5 April
- Barcelona (2)
- Brighton (7)
- Brussels (3)
- Cinema, Culture, Media & Music (100)
- Gay (15)
- Las Vegas (1)
- London – City Wide (86)
- London – Clapham (3)
- London – East (10)
- London – Soho & The West End (45)
- London – Southwark (1)
- London – Vauxhall (14)
- Madrid (1)
- Miami (1)
- Miscellany (3)
- Montreal (1)
- New York (9)
- Politics (2)
- Rio de Janeiro (4)
- Sydney (3)
- Toronto (2)
- Travel (7)
- World (8)
The Twittering ClassesMy Tweets
We’re almost mid-way through our trio of spring/summer bank holiday weekends, so here’s our first cut of recommended events and nights over the weekend.
As always, we’ll update with last minute ticket information as the weekend approaches.
The season of gay pride parades in the northern hemisphere is now underway with Miami Beach’s Gay Pride celebrations over the weekend. The appeal of Miami, an ever increasingly popular destination, is evident with glorious Art Deco architecture of Ocean Drive providing the backdrop to the parade.
Mario Lopez, former star of “Saved By The Bell” and Julian McMahon’s gym buddy, acted as parade Grand Marshall.
We’ll be running pictures of 2015 pride parades across the world’s cities over the summer season.
Some might say this is a rather apt choice of guest DJ at XXL, given its music policy!
The Freemasons will return to XXL at the capacious Pulse (Invicta Plaza, SE1 9UF) on Saturday 18 April for a live DJ set.
XXL is one of the most consistently reliable and successful Saturday nights for men in London, attracting a much broader crowd than its branding suggests.
Advance tickets are on sale now, priced at £8 for members and £15 for non-members.
Update: Pictures from the night are now online courtesy of Mark Storey Photography.
One of the best films we were fortunate to see at this year’s BFI Flare film festival was the first UK screening (and, we believe, the 2nd worldwide) of the Director’s Cut of the film of the legendary New York nightclub, “54”.
Having seen the Director’s Cut of “54” this weekend, we couldn’t help but take a look back at the decadence and hedonism of New York’s Studio 54.
Here’s a collection of images from the club, taken in the late 1970s. Pictured are the many celebrities that graced Ian Schrager and Steve Rubell’s club, such as Cher, Liza Minnelli, Michael Jackson, Woody Allen, Andy Warhol and Mick Jagger. Of course, the photographers were always kept well away from much of the action that made the club so notorious!
What do you think when you see the above photograph (of Zack Horton, taken by FuriousFotog)?